Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
~1 Peter 4:10

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Regular Life in Costa

Now that I am done with my project trip, it is time to get used to normal life.  I have been working in the office most days during the last 2 weeks.  I have been creating new autoCAD drawings for the hospital and updating drawings for a boy’s home in Guatemala that were created before I got to Costa Rica.  I also had the opportunity to help out at an orphanage.  There was a team here building a new septic system, so I helped them a little bit.  I also wound up helping them with some yard work, and I came back to the house super muddy (that makes it a good day).  I went to the orphanage later in the week to help someone move her furniture (refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer, and 2 beds) to her new house.  We also had a Bible study with the orphans.  It was neat getting to meet some of them and to see God’s hand on the hospital.

In Costa Rica, I am living with a pastor.  That means I have lots of Bible studies (in Spanish, of course).  At one of these Bible studies, I learned a game that is much harder in Spanish.  It’s called fishbowl.  In this game, everyone writes down names of famous people, musicians, athletes, movies, etc.  All the words are put in a bowl, and people draw one and have to get other people to guess the word.  The first time around, you can use any words except the words on the paper to describe it.  The second time around, you can only use one word, and the third time around you can’t use any words.  I learned that I don’t know many famous Costa Rican musicians or athletes, and my vocabulary is still very limited, but my team still wound up winning (other ppl on the team were really good at the game).

On another note, God is good.  I didn’t get much of a break last weekend, and all the Spanish and Bible studies and work in general were wearing on me.  Yesterday during my quiet time, God reminded me of Matthew 11:28, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  What a great reminder!  Today, I was able to sleep in a little and work on some stuff for my wedding and play with my tico brother and sister a little.  It has been good to relax a little bit.  Please pray that I will have time to relax during all work and various activities that go along with living with a pastor.  I have been a lot busier than I expected, and it is starting to catch up with me.  !Gracias por las oraciones!

1 comment:

  1. yay for working on stuff for your wedding! ;o) I sure like that! Ou merite lapriye (you deserve those prayers! :). You're in my heart and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete